Intensive Behavior Packages (IBPs) are the cream of the crop when it comes to our services. If you feel overwhelmed about working with your pet between sessions, worried that you’re going to make a mistake, or want extra help along the way then IBPs are for you!
Intensive Behavior Packages (IBPs) are 20-session package deals where we work together 5 days a week for 4 weeks (with some flexibility in scheduling to meet your needs, of course) to provide you with a more personalized, hands-on approach to your pet’s behavior needs. These are for clients who are devoted to working with their animal on a daily basis and who do best with structure and step-by-step instructions. There are several advantages to selecting an Intensive Behavior Package:
- You will receive daily support, guidance, and feedback so you know you’re not alone and have your own personal cheerleading squad who understands what you’re going through and has your back.
- General training plans are merely a guideline which don’t take the individuality of each learner into account. Daily training projects are custom-created just for you and your pet as a direct result of each of our meetings.
- Receiving an entire training plan all at once can sometimes feel overwhelming, and people can struggle to know where to start. Daily sessions break the training process down into bite-sized tasks that are easier to focus on and complete.
- More frequent meetings means more momentum! You will progress more quickly with timely, consistent training sessions.
- We will help you track your progress so when you’re in the thick of training you will have a clear picture of exactly how much progress you’ve already made. Your morale is every bit as important as your pet’s progress and quality of life.
Out of your price range? Check out our Roadmap for Behavior Solutions Program!
Behavior issues we can address include, but are not limited to:
- Fear/ anxiety
- Aggression/ biting/ scratching
- Resource guarding (people, places, or objects–either from people or other animals)
- Intra- or interspecies conflict
- Integrating pets in a household
- Separation anxiety/ separation distress
- Boredom-based destruction
- Inappropriate elimination
- Inappropriate vocalization
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Functionless repetitive behaviors
- Nuisance behaviors
- Jumping on people
- Pulling on leash
- Counter surfing
- Learning cooperative care for vet visits, grooming, taking medication, etc.
- Not listening to basic manners cues
What to expect: Booking a session
We offer online booking here. If you need additional help narrowing down your consultant, check out the consultant recommendations directly in the online booking services, visit our Meet Your Consultants page or email us at [email protected]. After you send your appointment request, the consultant will accept your request to continue the booking process or will email you for additional clarification or refer you to another one of our consultants. Once we’ve settled on a date, we will send you some paperwork to fill out online before we meet. It will come with instructions on how to fill it out and instructions for our session.
What to expect: The format
Our first session will function like a normal behavior consult and typically lasts 1.5 – 2 hrs and is predominantly a lot of talking. We will discuss the information you provide in your paperwork. Your consultant may have follow-up questions based on that information. Then we will discuss the causes of the behavior issues, how we might address them, and why those strategies work. During that discussion we will decide together on a plan of action, and we’ll start practicing some of those skills together so you feel confident in how to implement the plan before we leave.
After that initial session, our weekly consults will last about an hour. The other four days a week we will have short check-in meetings via Zoom video chat to see where you’re at with training and provide you with the next day’s training project. The weekly session can be either in-person or remote; the check-in sessions are all via Zoom.
What to expect: The technology
We use Zoom for our remote consultations. Zoom is free and easy to download; it usually takes about 5 minutes. We chose Zoom as our primary platform because it allows us to record your session and send it to you afterwards. If you’re more comfortable using a different program, like Skype or Google Hangouts, you’re welcome to speak with your consultant but know that it will be limited to programs that we already use and there will likely not be a recording function. The only technological requirement is that you download Zoom onto a laptop, tablet, or phone instead of a desktop so you can move the camera around as needed during our sessions.
Can remote really work?
People often wonder whether we can be effective if we only meet online – how can we help you if we don’t even meet your pet in person? – but the answer is yes! Remote consulting is growing in popularity world-wide, and we have clients all over the country and even in other countries. We have been just as successful collaborating via video chat as the clients with whom we’ve collaborated in person.